Lore Keepers - Warhammer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morale, tactics, renown...

3 posters

Go down

Morale, tactics, renown... Empty Morale, tactics, renown...

Post  Pife Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 am

Could someone give just s short explanation on these if you have time where you are bored @ work like I am?

Pife

Back to top Go down

Morale, tactics, renown... Empty Re: Morale, tactics, renown...

Post  Badar Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:01 am

Morale is a combat built 'frenzy' similar to rage for warriors in WoW. You have 4 ranks of build possible, and will get abilities for each rank as you gain levels with first being level 8 or 11, I forget at moment. You can then use these which uses all built morale and does the effect of that ability. They range from heals, damage, and even specials like crowd control (in the form of knockback/knockdown).

Tactics are passive bonuses you will get plenty of to choose from over your career. You can (at moment and not sure if these expand as you level) have 1 each for renown, class, special. These might increase the damage you do at expense of healing, for example, or increase the damage on a couple spells. Renown ones might increase damage against elves, or all elves lose some morale when you kill an elf within X range type thing. You get a couple built in configurations to mix and match these and quick swap so can have one setup that helps when you are healing and another for soloing as example.

Renown is the PvP levels system, very similar to experience. You can level your renown up to your current rank, at least for now. There will be 80 renown ranks in the end and I am not sure if it is level 40 before you can exceed your level with renown level or can do before. At least up to 12 you can not pass renown above current level. You can buy skills which are generic and apply to all classes with these points and at higher ranks you gain bonuses like 25 more action points (max is 300 capacity at renown 80 versus 250 which is base level 1-40 character).

Influence in case you are also curious is the bonus for Public Quests. This is per chapter so you have to gain it in each chapter you want to get the reward. There are 3 levels per chapter and usually 1-3 PQs per chapter to gain at so you have a choice. Hitting each of the 3 levels allows you to choose an item, potions usually first level, second is often minor armor like gloves/boots, and third is uaully chest armor or weapon. These often end up being very good for your level so it is often worth it to get each chapter you get to work on the PQs and get to elite for that chapter for the top item.

Hope that helps some, let me know if need more detail on anything

Badar

Back to top Go down

Post  Pife Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 am

My main concern, since I've had less time to test builds and characters than many people in beta, is whether these are retrainable. From what you've said, it sounds like you learn all morale abilities, but career and renown abilities are chosen, while influence is just item rewards.

Pife

Back to top Go down

Post  Badar Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am

Yes, influence is chosen and not able to change your mind for that chapter, that being said it is more of a quest turn in reward.

Morale abilities are given as you level, as well as some are chosen as part of mastery training. I have not yet had multiple of these but believe you chose the currently active one once you do. With the exception of mastery training you never lose these and mastery training ones are currently only the level 4 morale abilities with one given based on level and other 3 options being top tier of a mastery line. I know the ones given as class levels are not lost but I am pretty sure you chose the currently active one somehow.

Tactics are like morale abilities in that some are class level trained like all skills and some are bought by renown ranks (which like mastery can be respecialized and train another path) as well as some are tome unlocks which you have to complete via PvE (and maybe RvR but all I've seen so far are PvE) and then you would have them but can only have so many active at once so have to choose which is active.

Renown and mastery are just like specializations which you can chose to respecialize down the road. In beta currently it costs nothing to do this, I suspect it will change to a cost on live however.

Badar

Back to top Go down

Post  mcbeev Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:43 pm

That is clear as mud, but I think I get it.

mcbeev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down