Lore Keepers - Warhammer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Guard Pics & Skill Lists

2 posters

Go down

Black Guard Pics & Skill Lists Empty Black Guard Pics & Skill Lists

Post  Ganlek Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 am

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195047
Ganlek
Ganlek

Back to top Go down

Black Guard Pics & Skill Lists Empty Re: Black Guard Pics & Skill Lists

Post  Badar Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:22 am

Yeah, I played around with the BG a short bit last night after I should have been sleeping. Hope to play with him more this weekend and see what I really think. So far they seem very capable, realy strong defensive tanks both against magic and melee. We'll see if that gets nerfed some before release but at the moment their level one ability easily pumps them up on toughness and scales really well with gear/levels. Now that said they appear to have a ton of mastery required to flesh out skills, being the base level skills are mostly situational or bland IMO. I can see them being a very limited couple button mashing tank...

I hope I'm wrong on that, most of it is from the skills listed in game not current playing, as only made it up to level 3. Once I get a bit more levels I hope to change my mind on the button masher style. One thing I have noticed is DPS does not seem to be as high as many wanted, they lack the damage increase skills that IBs have off grudge. Instead they get more defense off hatred skills so I suspect many people will back off wanting to play one because they want those big numbers instead. Again, we'll see.

Badar

Back to top Go down

Post  Badar Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:33 pm

For those of you not yet in the test forums or not lucky to get an invite I thought I would post an update. Sounds like a TON of Order are plagueing the board ranting about how over powered the BG will be. I was reading through and decided to take a search of character names for some of the loudest voices on the BG thread and low and behold, of the 4 I ran 3 were fairly easy to match to only one lvl 40 IB or elf blademaster. They are raising all types of hell there claiming the class needs changing before live, and unfortunately at least some of what they are griping about Mythic is listening to. While it isn't a major change, they will be lowering Hatred gain some.

At this point the biggest complaints are with the speed you gain hatred which is really quick and begins to slow off some around level 5 when you start to get skills that spend it. Of course the ones screaming just are going off the lowest levels. Mythic is planning off their concept which is quick generation for first 30-50 hatred then slows on generation which allows for more frequent use of spending skills (every couple seconds is their desire) but harder to hold higher buffs from hatred. I think this is a sound plan and can't wait to see it in action further in.

The other HUGE complaint is with the level 1 skill BGs get. It is like all tanks the basic taunt skill. It is only 30 AP cost, spammable and causes double threat. However it makes a change from other tanks in that it also supplies a buff based off hatred. Many see this as favoring a class and want it to be separated out to another skill. Others still are whining about the buff itself, being it is the only scaling buff currently in. Top end is 45% increase to toughness for 20s if you have over 91 hatred when use. We'll see if they change this to a static number rather then percent, but personally I think most people miss the math on it and while at lower levels it seems to subtract a lot at the higher ends it honestly doesn't lower damage taken by that much in PvE or PvP, at least IMO. It helps, but isn't earth shattering is my take. Guess we wait this one out.

Good news though, they plan to release templated BGs to test higher levels later in the testing phase, so at least we can see how a T3 BG will perform likely. Sounds like that might even be in time for Thanksgiving break so maybe I can write up another novel then. Smile

Badar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganlek Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Yea, I have been reading a bit of the boards about them. Unfortunately, I am not surprised one bit that people complain about something. Order will complain if they thing Dest is over powered, Dest will complain if Order is OP.

They will always find something to complain about, such and such is OP because my class dosen't have it seems to be a popular one. I miss EQ =)
Ganlek
Ganlek

Back to top Go down

Post  Badar Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm

I miss my four elemental selections too... But I don't ever want to play another SOE game as long as I live. Smile

And yeah, people complain too much. I just really hope Mythic is listening to the right things and it is sad to see so much 'make them weaker' talk. But I know the in game stuff should be showing much more because the people whining likely are all level 1 and 2 characters theorizing how much it will be a pain to fight them. All good though, I am pretty certain I am playing one either way so screw them all! Smile Finally my out of game hatred can meet my in game hatred and be happy!

Badar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganlek Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:07 pm

The more i read about them, the more i wanna play one, just to piss off Order =)

From what i am seeing, they will be a badass tank, Defensively anyhow

How to beat an IB (or any other class, really) as a BG:

-Spec 11 Loathing/11 Anguish, to get Force of fury (9 loathing, +armor, -45% incoming crit chance), Anger Drives Me (11 loathing, +3% parry per 10 hate), shielding anger (11 anguish, +3% disrupt per 10 hate).

That's it, really. At 100 hate, which is way easier to build as a BG, you have:
-45% incoming crit, +30% parry, and +30% disrupt.

From there, use Brutal Smash every 10 seconds (adds +1s cast time to everything the target tries to do, 15s duration at 100 hate). Every 5 seconds, use Feeding on Weakness (strength buff, and heals for 75% damage dealt at 100 hate). You can also use Crippling Anger (binding grudge) to make sure they don't get away.

Black Guard, in summary:
How do you think you would fare against a tank with +30% parry AND disrupt, whom you had -45% chance to crit against, that could heal himself every 5 seconds?

Now imagine every move you had took 1 second longer to cast. How would you fare then?
Ganlek
Ganlek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down