T3 RVR - Keep Defense/Taking

Go down

T3 RVR - Keep Defense/Taking

Post  Ganlek on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:17 am

So Calatius and I ran the SH and WE around some T3 RVR tonight in Avalorn. Holy Crap! We came in when Order was about to knock out the Keep Lord. What we walked into was just total chaos (no pun intended).

Being a T3 keep, it had an outer door, a courtyard, and an inner door to the keep with the Lord in it. Both Doors were down, however fighting was going on in the courtyard. And when i say fighting, it wasnt just a 6v6. It was 60v60, or more (about 3-4 warbands full)! Mind you, it was more like 60 Destruction, and 30 Bright Wizards, 15 Runepriests, and various other guys. The minute i walk into the courtyard....BOOM dead, and alls i saw was a sea of Red Health bars. I was like....uh...crap, there is no way.

Well, turns out, we had just finished forming up the warbands and it was a mass of Destruction running to the keep, while some, amazingly enough were holding the outside doors so we could at least attempt to get inside for defense. After about a half an hour of touch and go, we finally were able to push them out of the keep. Then it was our turn. We pushed so hard, we were camping their Warcamp. Which is bad btw, fun, but bad. lvl 30 heroes guard the camp, which joined in the fun. We even took out a couple.

Anyways, after another 15-20 minutes, we got pushed back over the bridge that lead to their warcamp, then we pushed them back over the bridge. Another round of this and they pushed us back to our keep, where we spent another 30 minutes defending again. Back and fourth, back and fourth. Siege weapons mounted everywhere, bolts flying, health bars dimming. Banners placed in various locations (I think i had 5 or 6 banner buffs alone)

After we managed to remove them from the keep grounds, we went and took the other keep in the RVR pool that they held. Mind you, I had 2 CTDs. One, unfortunately was right before killing the keep lord. Yep, i ended up with 27th out of ALOT, with the roll, i came in 17th, which didn't net me anything.

However, let me tell you, this is what RVR was meant to be. I loved every minute of it, other than the RDPS was pretty much owning the battlefield. But once there was an opening, you see all the tanks and MDPS rush in and slaughter the lot of em!

I really hope you guys can experience this soon, it was truly an amazing experience. The length of the battles were perfect (I thought) for actually feeling like you are taking or defending something dear to your realm. And the amount of people, wow! Almost never seen so many on one battle field. It got me thinking how many people it will really take to overrun a city, especially with the other side defending as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't think about pics, I was too caught up in the moment. That and i don't know what my screenshot button is =) I will try to see if anything happens tomorrow night and get some pics available somewhere. drunken
Ganlek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T3 RVR - Keep Defense/Taking

Post  Badar on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:29 am

Wow, sounds like a very nice time and great fun! Congrats on what sounds like a lot of enjoyment. Look forward to hearing more if happens tomorrow night as well!

Badar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sheibeck on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:09 am

That sounds like a ton of fun Gan.

We had a similar experience last night. Lore Keepers successfully defended one keep and we stormed and succeeded in taking 3 other keeps. Other than an initial wipe on the first keep everything else went a little rough for the tanks, but do to some awesome healers making some incredibly good decisions in the heat of battle we won the day.

We had an incident similar to your where we (and some other miscellaneous destro players) chased the order folk back to their war camp. We finally pulled back to the keep and while the order was busy messing with an unorganized group of renown crazy destro we took back every single keep that was controlled by order. It was soooooo much fun.

I'm glad you guys are getting to participate in that stuff as well. I really think Mythic nailed RvR. It's just awesome.
sheibeck
Admin

View user profile http://lorekeepers.mmorpgheroes.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down